Multichannel Recording and Slow Motion Instant Replay System. Designed to broadcast sports programs with slow motion instant replays.
The Forward Goalkeeper product line has 3 sets:
- For CVBS/YUV/RGB analog signals in SD resolution
- Video data format: PAL/SECAM (720x576, 25 fps), NTSC (720x480, 29.97 fps)
- Channels number: 2/4/6/8
- Video input/output: FD300/FD322 board
- For SDI signals in SD resolution
- Video data format: PAL (720x576, 25 fps), NTSC (720x480, 29.97 fps)
- Channels number: 2/4/6/8
- Video input/output: FD422 board
- For SDI signals in HD resolution
- Video data format: 1080i (25 fps, 29.97 fps, 30 fps)
- Channels number: 2/3/4
- Video input/output: FD422/FD842 boards
Includes the "Forward T" product and additional software ReplayMachine Console, designed for the purpose of multichannel video data capture and preview, simultaneously selecting interesting moments and broadcasting them on air with the required speed (from 0% to 200% of the normal). Control from external consoles is available (purchased separately).
The Main Characteristic Features of the System
- Minimum delay between the event and its replay is 2 seconds
- Simple, intuitive, and configurable user interface developed with direct participation of on-air directors and operators:
Successfully tested when broadcasting Premier League football matches in 2005 and 2006
- Instant switching between different cameras
- The ability to preview the input video in the preview panes
- Playing does not interrupt recording
- Preparing the next replay simultaneously with playing the current replay
- Controlling the system using various pointing devices: the keyboard, mouse, external console
- Integration with video equipment via GPI (start/stop, GPI-in/GPI-out)
- Consecutively playing several replays without a pause between them
- Inserting a cut-in scene (video introduction, intro) by the replay start/stop
- Overlaying a static or dynamic logotype to indicate the replay mode
- The ability to make up a playlist for playing the game highlights or the whole game right after the game is over (or between the periods)
- 2-4-6-8 channel models
- Variants with analog or SDI signal connection
- Compact, integrated turnkey system
This product is delivered as a turnkey system in configuration by agreement with the customer. For more specific information, please contact Support.
This System Supports External Consoles
It is possible to handily control the system from an external console (purchased separately), which is an external block with keys, speed handle (T-Bar for slo-mo), and jog shuttle. The ReplayMachine Console program has the ability to configure the mode of control commands execution by pressing the external console keys:
- Marking an event (interesting moment) for further replaying
- A 0...9 seconds move back from the event
- A move by one of several frames forward-backward
- Fine motion (accurate within a frame) using the jog shuttle
- Adjusting the event
- Switching between the marked events in the list
- Selecting the current camera
- Selecting one of the pre-installed speeds
- Smoothly controlling the speed using the T-Bar
- Preparing, starting, stopping a replay
The following console models are supported currently:
Has a T-Bar for smoothly changing the playback speed, jog shuttle for fine positioning, and more than 40 keys. Each of the keys can be assigned to any of the main commands controlling the ReplayMachine program.
DNF ST300. Has a T-Bar for smoothly changing the playback speed, jog shuttle for fine positioning, and more than 30 keys. Each of the keys can be assigned to any of the main commands controlling the ReplayMachine program.
Shuttle Pro 2. Connected via USB (our system can support other USB consoles as well). Has a ring for smoothly changing the playback speed (can be used as a fast forward/rewind ring as well), jog shuttle for fine positioning, and 15 keys. Each of the keys can be assigned to any of the main commands controlling the ReplayMachine program.
DPS Velocity Jog-4000/5000. Has a ring for smoothly changing the playback speed (can be used as a fast forward/rewind ring as well), jog shuttle for fine positioning, and more than 20 keys. Each of the keys can be assigned to any of the main commands controlling the ReplayMachine program.
JLCooper MCS-3. Is an enhanced analog of DPS Velocity Jog-4000, connected via USB.
In the future, we plan to add support for other consoles. For more specific information, please contact Support.
On the basis of the most interesting moments (scoring chance, infraction, goal, etc.) marked and replayed during the broadcast, it is possible to on-the-fly make up a playlist for playing the highlights in the break between the periods, after the match, or during a pause. To do so, The ReplayMachine Console program supports the Playlist Editor window.
The Abilities of the Playlist Editor:
- Forming a playlist draft from the selected moments and cameras with a button click
- On-the-fly editing the beginning/end of the clips in the playlist using the keyboard, mouse, or external console
- The ability to automatically insert cut-in scenes (video introductions, intros) between clips in the playlist
- The ability to insert arbitrary clips from video files to the playlist
- Moving, deleting a group of the selected clips in the playlist
- Editing parameters of clips (name, type, playback speed, beginning/end time)
- Flexibly configuring the playlist window: the ability to change the sizes of areas, controls (buttons), preview panes
- Additional abilities for creating and editing the playlist on-the-fly (adding clips with the required sequence of cameras with one command, doubling clips in the playlist, etc.)
- Playlist export into continuous video file/ set of separate files.
The Software and Documentation
This product is delivered as a turnkey solution (a computer unit with the pre-installed and configured system). If necessary to update the software to a newer version, go to the "Download" Section.
The documenation is available in the "Documentation" Section.